The AmeriCorps Recruitment Capacity Building Specialist serves to build the capacity of Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa to recruit AmeriCorps members for multiple programs. Under the direct guidance of the Recruitment Manager, this position will expand community outreach and promote the impact of Corps programs. With support and guidance from staff, members will identify and implement effective recruitment strategies. The Member may plan and host recruitment events and conduct outreach to deepen partnerships with community partners.
Term dates and schedule
Stipend and award
- Term: January 16 - December 11, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm typical
- Monthly stipend: $1990
- Education award: $6095 upon successful completion of term
: Housing is not provided by the Corps. Member must secure their own housing near service location
- Minimum Qualifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with public speaking, including to large groups
- Knowledge of and passion for AmeriCorps service programs or related service-learning programs
- Strong creative thinking, planning and organizational skills
- Desire to work with diverse youth, adults and other volunteers in conservation, education and recreation settings
- Positive attitude, interest in community service and desire to make a difference
- Ability to work hard in an indoor/outdoor setting for a minimum of 40 hours/week
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience with recruitment and/or outreach campaigns
- Knowledge of conservation and environmental restoration principles
- 2- or 4-year degree (or some progress toward a degree)
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check defined as no positive hits on the NSOPW and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Must successfully pass medical review process.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUI’s in the past five years
This program is available to all, without regard to disability, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The Conservation Corps engages AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, as defined under the American Conservation and Youth Service Corps Act, a subtitle of the National and Community Service Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills training and job experience
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
: November 3, 2019
Contact Hollis Emery,
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x23