Youth Outdoors Leader/Member (AmeriCorps, ages 18-25)
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
This is not a residential program; participants must secure housing near the crew location.
1200 or 900 -hour AmeriCorps position; March/December or May/December
Youth Outdoors Corps Members lead crews of Twin Cities’ youth participants in environmental education and community service projects after school and on Saturdays. The crews complete natural resource and restoration projects. Corpsmembers inspire youth, conduct community outreach and restore habitat in partnership with resource management agencies, working alongside conservation professionals.
- Ability to work in an outdoor setting
- Desire to work with diverse youth in conservation, education and recreation settings
- Commitment to foster strong work habits, environmental ethics, youth leadership and team unity
- Desire to educate and inspire the next generation by leading interpretive programs
- Desire to learn skills in youth development and/or natural resource management; 15-20% of the service term is dedicated to technical and personal-skill training
- Positive attitude, interest in service and community work and desire to make a difference
- 18-25 years old.
- Able to perform the Essential Service Functions
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate after-school and weekend hours, as well as possible week-long out-of-town projects and emergency response.
- Living Allowance: $1,810/month (member) $2,076/month (leader)
- Education Award: $3,247.540 - $4.546.50, if eligible and upon successful completion of program
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying student loans)
- Health insurance
- Childcare assistance
- Training, certifications, networking
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CCMI requires all employees and AmeriCorps members to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 OR submit a medical or religious exemption request.
Contact our recruitment team at email@example.com