Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa is AmeriCorps Field Specialists (ages 18-25) positions based throughout Minnesota with the Corps and other host agencies. Field Specialists provide training, education, coordination and leadership to ensure a positive and safe experience for Regional AmeriCorps members. Primary responsibilities include: fostering AmeriCorps member development through experiential learning, providing technical skills training, monitoring field safety and conducting equipment maintenance.
This is a full-time commitment for a year-long AmeriCorps service term. The member will receive a monthly stipend and an education award upon successful completion of the term that may be used for education expenses or to repay qualified student loans.
Term dates and schedule
Stipend and award:
- Term: January 6-December 17, 2020
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM (typical)
Locations (Minnesota) and Job Descriptions:
- Monthly stipend: $1990
- Education award: $6095 upon successful completion of term
This is not a residential program; participants must secure housing near the crew shop location. Lodging (tents in mild temperatures or motels in winter) and food will only be provided during out-of-town service projects. Depending on crew location, up to 90% of projects will be out-of-town assignments, requiring camping for 4 to 12 consecutive days, or up to 31 days for disaster relief deployment.
To view a full job description, including position-specific qualifications, please click on the location(s) you are interested in.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check. “Pass” is defined as no positive hits on the NSOPR and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Must successfully pass medical review process.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate.
This program is available to all, without regard to disability, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The Conservation Corps engages AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, as defined under the American Conservation and Youth Service Corps Act, a subtitle of the National and Community Service Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills and leadership training
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
: December 1, 2019
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x23