The AmeriCorps Community Outreach Corpsmember (ages 18-25) will help the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) meet the recruitment goals for the Home Energy Squad Program (HES). The Community Outreach Corpsmember is responsible for increasing awareness of and participation in HES by conducting community-based marketing in partnering cities, businesses and neighborhood organizations. The position will work with HES program coordinators and residential field staff. The Community Outreach Corpsmember works closely with the Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator at CCE.
Term dates and schedule:
- Term: May 16, 2017 – December 15, 2017
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. typical
Stipend and award:
- Monthly stipend: $1690
- Education award: $2887.50 upon successful completion of term
Location: Housing is not provided by the Corps. Member must secure their own housing near service location.
- Excellent public speaking and written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for energy-efficiency issues and strong commitment to service and community work.
- Experience doing community outreach or similar job; especially working with local governments, neighborhood organizations, non-profits, businesses and/or similar groups.
- Marketing, creative writing and copywriting experience is preferred.
- Experience with social media and outreach (websites, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Self-directed with a high comfort level for taking initiative and ownership of projects, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Basic computer and keyboard competency.
- Knowledge and experience with residential energy issues and programs.
- Training will be provided in these areas as needed; up to 15-20% of the service term is dedicated to technical and personal skills training.
- 18-25 years old.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check. “Pass” is defined as no positive hits on the NSOPR and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUI’s in the past five years).
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills training and job experience
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
For more information, please view the Community Outreach Corpsmember position description.
This program is available to all, without regard to disability, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The Conservation Corps engages AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, as defined under the American Conservation and Youth Service Corps Act, a subtitle of the National and Community Service Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
Deadline: March 26
Questions? Contact Kellie Lager, Recruitment Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x31