AmeriCorps Field Operations Corpsmembers (ages 17-25) work with the Summer Youth Corps to make sure that the community runs smoothly. This includes supporting the Assistant Directors in cleaning and maintaining camp buildings, ensuring tools are ready for crews, and maintaining vehicles and gardens. Field Operations Corpsmembers also write weekly blog posts for the Conservation Corps web page, provide tool and safety trainings, and support youth development.
- AmeriCorps service position (ages 17-25)
- Term: May 28 - August 20, 2019
- Schedule: Full-time, Sunday-Saturday, hours vary
- Time off: June 12-17, July 14-17
- Stipend: $1355/mo
- Education award: $2960 upon successful completion of term
- Locations: Based at Saint Croix State Park (Hinckley), MN, with travel throughout region to complete environmental service projects
- Ability to work hard in an outdoor setting for a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Desire to work with diverse youth in conservation, education and recreation settings.
- Ability to camp and live outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to foster strong work habits, environmental ethics, youth leadership and team unity.
- Positive attitude, interest in community service and desire to make a difference.
- Previous experience with the Conservation Corps Summer Youth Corps is highly preferred.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Gain leadership skills and valuable job skills applicable to any career
- Earn an AmeriCorps education award for school expenses or to pay off qualified student loans
- Learn about current environmental issues and network with natural resource professionals
- Get field experience and gain natural resource management skills
Deadline: March 27, 2019
If positions fill, application may close before deadline. Please apply early!
Questions? Contact Jonathan Goldenberg, Program Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x27
or Kellie Lager, Recruitment Manager
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x31