AmeriCorps Field Operations Corpsmembers (ages 18-25) work with the Summer Youth Corps to make sure that the community runs smoothly. This includes supporting the Assistant Directors in cleaning and maintaining camp buildings, ensuring tools are ready for crews, and maintaining vehicles and gardens. Field Operations Corpsmembers also write weekly blog posts for the Conservation Corps web page, provide tool and safety trainings, and support youth development.
Term dates and schedule:
- Term: May 29 - August 21, 2018
- Schedule: Full-time, Sunday-Saturday, hours vary.
- Time off: June 13-15, July 15-18
Stipend and award:
- Monthly stipend: $1355
- Education award: $2215 upon successful completion of term
Location: Based at Saint Croix State Park (Hinckley), MN, with travel throughout region to complete environmental service projects.
- Ability to work hard in an outdoor setting for a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Desire to work with diverse youth in conservation, education and recreation settings.
- Ability to camp and live outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to foster strong work habits, environmental ethics, youth leadership and team unity.
- Positive attitude, interest in community service and desire to make a difference.
- Previous experience with the Conservation Corps Summer Youth Corps is highly preferred.
- Previous experience or education with youth development and natural resource management not required; 15-20% of service term dedicated to technical and personal skill training.
- Service projects are primarily completed outside during spring and summer seasons.
- AmeriCorps Members expected to complete service during hot/cold weather, rain/precipitation and other seasonal conditions.
- Members work alongside youth participants during day and facilitate activities and group living in evenings and on weekends.
- This is a residential program with significant travel and little time off.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check. “Pass” is defined as no positive hits on the NSOPR and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Ability to commit to an entire term of service with significant travel and little time off.
- Must successfully pass medical review process.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Monthly stipend
- Two set periods of leave
- Wilderness First Aid/CPR training
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills training and job experience
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
This program is available to all, without regard to disability, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The Conservation Corps engages AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, as defined under the American Conservation and Youth Service Corps Act, a subtitle of the National and Community Service Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
Deadline: March 2, 2018
Applications reviewed as received. Please apply early!
Questions? Contact Jonathan Goldenberg, Program Coordinator
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x27
or Megan Zeiher, Recruitment Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x35